(Last Date Revised: July 1, 2022)
These rules and regulations are applicable to all persons who operate or park a motor vehicle on the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign campus. The Parking Department and individuals designated by the Parking Department are authorized to enforce Parking Rules & Regulations. Regulatory signs have the force and effect of Parking Department Rules & Regulations.
The Parking Department assumes no liability for vehicles parked or operated on university property. The issuance of a permit or hangtag does not guarantee convenient parking at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign campus.
- Designated Parking Department and University Police Department personnel enforce Parking Rules and Regulations.
- All vehicles driven or parked on university property are subject to the provisions of these rules and regulations.
- These rules are in effect 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
- During posted time of enforcement, any vehicle parked at a meter must pay the meter by coin, where available, designated pay by phone app, Day Meter Permit, Departmental Meter Permit, or pay station, where available.
- Any vehicle parked in a lot or parking structure, not at a paid meter, must display a valid permit or be associated via license plate with a valid virtual permit for that assigned parking facility.
- Any vehicle parked on campus grounds or non-demarcated parking spaces must be authorized to do so by the Parking Department.
- Skateboards, in-line skates, roller skates, bicycles, and self-balancing personal transportation devices are not authorized for use in parking garages. Any of these forms of transportation are restricted from charging batteries in parking facilities. Jumping, stunts and imprudent operations are prohibited on university property, which includes parking lots and garages.