Welcome to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign! To ensure the maximum use of our limited parking facilities, it is necessary to regulate the parking of all faculty/staff, student, and visitor-operated motor vehicles and motorcycles.
- Prior to your start date, contact the Parking Department by phone at (217) 333-3530 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will be asked to provide your University Identification Number (UIN). This nine (9) digit number can be found on your i-card.
- Parking Department staff will look up your employment status and benefit eligibility in the Human Resources – Parking Application.
- Once the Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) and Benefit Category are reviewed, you will discuss parking options (payroll deduction, rates, second or third shift permit, shuttle permit, etc.). Full-Time employees with benefits are eligible for payroll deduction, which is .9% of their annual base salary.
- If HR has not yet completed entering your FTE and/or Benefit Category into the HR database, you will be asked to provide an offer letter by email at email@example.com or in person at 1201 W. University Ave. Urbana, IL 61801.
- Once Parking Department staff reviews the offer letter, you will discuss parking options (payroll deduction, rates, second or third shift permit, shuttle permit, etc.).
- Depending on eligibility, you may purchase a permit online at www.parking.illinois.edu or in person at 1201 W. University Ave. Urbana, IL 61801.
- Vehicle information (license plate number, make, model, year, and color) must be provided at the time of purchase.
- blue Note – you will not be issued a physical permit, as permit enforcement is done by License Plate Recognition (LPR).
- Those employees who sign up for payroll deduction will also sign up for auto-renewal. This will insure your permit is automatically renewed every year, with no hassle.
- If you prefer to park in another lot that is currently full, you may request your name be added to up to two (2) waitlists.
- You will receive an email at a later date when waitlisted lot(s) are available.
The University of Illinois Parking Department is looking forward to serving you!